Wedding guest tote bags for those out of town invitees is a great way to show how much they mean to you. Imagine traveling hours in the car or flying into town, checking into the hotel and being given a gorgeous welcome tote bag filled with all kinds of personalized and unique items. You can just see their eyes light up as they dig thru the bag to see what kinds of goodies you have for them.
It isn't necessarily junky stuff but many must need or must wanted items ranging from everyday essentials to something to snack on or perhaps to keep the kids busy while you are getting ready for the wedding. You know you would be on the top of their well liked list.
Tote bags can be made of paper, canvas or even a decorative gift box. It can be plain, lavishly decorated with ribbons and full of color or even personalized with a sticker or embroidered with their name on it. You could even have sewn into the bag your names and wedding date. They would surely remember your day now.
The guest tote bags can be small or large and filled with a few or many gifts. No need to wrap them, just fill the bag uniformly and if anything is fragile, wrap some bubble wrap around it just in case. Each bag will have to be labeled with the guest it is for specifically if different from the others. If they are all the same instruct the hotel to give one bag to each specified out of town guest. It truly is a wonderful gesture.
Now I'm sure your mind has been contemplating what to stuff the bags with so here we have listed 100 things you can stuff the guest bags with. Being Pittsburgh some items are unique to the area but don't let that sway you away from items from your own home town. Get creative, have fun! Make these the best darn wedding guest tote bags ever created.
In no specific order here are 100 ideas for your welcome bags...
1. Flip Flops For The Ladies
2. Fresh Fruit. Apples, Oranges, Tangerines, Grapes and Any Locally Grown Fresh Fruit. Just Be Sure To Purchase Them A Day or Two Before The Wedding To Be Sure They Stay Fresh.
3. Hershey Candy-Any Kind. Sarris Candy, Again Anything. Clark Bar etc. Mini's or Full Size.
4. Combs or Hair Brushes.
5. Matches or Disposable Lighters For Any Smokers.
6. Tourist Map Of Downtown, Visitor's Guide, and Brochures For Local Attractions Like The PPG Zoo and Aquarium, Kennywood, Phipps Conservatory, Andy Warhol Museum, The Carnegie Museum or Science Center To Name Just A Few.
7. Lip Balm For Those Summer Weddings.
8. Sun Screen Should Your Ceremony/Wedding Be Outside
9. Hand Lotions. Ladies Love The Lightly Scented Lotions To Keep Hands/Legs Smooth. Pick Up A Few Sample Sizes At Target or WalMart.
10. A Deck Or Two Of Playing Cards. Great For Solitare, Hearts, Go Fish Or A Magic Card Trick.
11. Hand Sanitizer. Nowadays Everyone Is Concerned About Spreading Germs. Tiny Bottles Are Inexpensive At The Local Stores.
12. Note Pads and Pens. Either Generic Or Imprinted With Your Wedding Information.
13. Towels, either plain or embroidered. Perhaps They Could Match Your Bridal Colors.
14. Directions To The Church, Then The Venue and Back To The Hotel. You Know Somebody Will Leave There's Back Home.
15. Bottled Water. Especially If You Are Having Your Wedding In Jamaica, San Juan or Anywhere It's Advisable Not To Drink The Local Water.
16. Colorful Drink Coasters. Easily Customized With Your Date or Initials.
17. Toss In A Few Packets Of Seeds. Babys Breath, Sunflowers, Tomato etc.
18. Anything Sports Related. Pittsburgh Terrible Towel, Hats, Ball Caps, T-Shirts With The Steeler, Penguin or Pirate Logos. What A Great Way To Show Your Sports Enthusiasm.
19. Coloring Books and Crayons For The Kids or Kids At Heart. Crossword Puzzle, maybe even Personalized With Information About The Two Of You.
20. Coffee and Tea Packets For That Early Rise. Many Hotels Have These In The Room But Maybe You Know Your Guests Favorite. Toss In A Few Sugar Sticks For The Tea.
21. Include A List Of Important Phone Numbers and Addresses Just In Case. You Never Know When Someone May Get Lost and Doesn't Have "That" Person's Number In Their phone.
22. For Those Who May Party Hardy, Antacids Like Tums, Alka Seltzer, Pepto Bismol. Perhaps A Mini Packet Of Ibuprofin.
23. Some Beer Wine or Champagne. Check With The Hotel First To Be Sure It's Okay.
24. Coupons Of Gift Cards To The Local Restaurants.
25. Fresh Bagels and Jellies. Don't Forget The Plastic Knive/Fork and Spoon
26. Sun Glasses For Those Sunny days. Adult and Kid Sizes.
27. Snacks Such As Pretzels, Chips, Peanuts, Pistachios, Cotton Candy or Microwave Popcorn.
28. Crackers and Cheese Spread.
29. Home Made Jams, Jellies and Preserves.
30. Pittsburgh's Famous Eat n Park Cookies. Even Plain Cookies Would Do.
31. Cozies Pop and Beer Holders To Keep Their Canned Beverage Cold.
32. Poptarts, Rice Krispee Treats or Mini Boxes Of Cereal.
33. Scented Candles. Choose From A Variety. Mix or Match.
34. Inflatable Beach Ball or Frizbee's.
35. Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste and Mouth Wash.
36. Create A Personal CD Of Your Favorite Music For Guests To Listen To Between Ceremony and The Wedding.
37. Postcards From Some Of The Local Attractions. Show Off Some Of The Neat Places We Have Here Like The 3 Rivers Gateway Clipper, The Incline or Some Of Those Dinosaurs Around Town.
38. Packets Of Trail Or Fruit Mix. Perfect For Those Hungry Ones Waiting For Dinner Or The Long Trip Home.
39. Mini Hand Soaps, Shampoo, Creme Rinse, Disposable Razor and Shaving Cream. Deodorant Stick and Bubble Bath After A Long Day On Your Feet.
40. Glo Sticks For The After Dark Festivities. They Come In Short and Long Sticks, Earrings, Buttons etc. All Available At Your Local Party Stores.
41. Mini Flash Lights. Some Are Even Battery Free, Just Squeeze The Handle and Charge It Up.
42. Mini Jig Saw Puzzles. Visit The Local Dollar Store For A Few Varieties.
43. Packs Of Potpourri. They Come In A Number Of Scents.
44. Customized Luggage Tags.
45. Personal Grooming Kit. Nail Clippers, Emery Boards and Perhaps Nail Polish Lacquer.
46. Cans or Bottles Of Soda Pop. Some Varieties Are Even Bottled Locally.
47. Hair Ties, Clips and Scrunchies.
48. Remember Those Pittsburgh Pickle Pins Promoting Heinz's Pickles. There's Something You Don't See Everyday.
49. Some Of Our Local Newspapers or Magazines.
50. Heinz Catsup, Mustard and Relish Bottles are always a great hit. Mini versions or standard sizes.
51. Mini Paddle Toy, Slinkie or any Other Small Toy For The Children.
52. Having A Tropical or Beach Wedding? How About Some Hawaiian Leis For Everyone.
53. One or Two Of Those Mini Bottles Of Alcohol Like Those On The Airplanes. Usually Available At The Checkout At The Local State Stores.
54. Perk Up The Ladies, and Their Hotel Room With A Bouquet Of Fresh Cut Flowers. Make Sure They Are Wrapped In A Damp Cloth or Kept In A Cooler As Long As Possible.
55. A Jar Of Heinz Pickles, Any Variety.
56. Chewing Gum, Mints, Jolly Roger Candies or A Gigantic Lillipop.
57. Packets Of Soup Mix. Just Add Hot Water. Another Great Travel Item.
58. Hot Cocoa and Marshmallow Packets.
59. Corn Chips and Salsa Mix Perfect For A Late Night Patio Snack.
60. Energy Drinks Such As Red Bull.
61. Coffee Mugs, Regular Or Personalized.
62. Sidewalk Chalk. they Come In Many Colors and Sizes. Available At The, You Guessed It, Dollar Store.
63. Plastic Drink Cups and Straws. Straight or Those Crazy Swirley Ones. Fun For All Ages.
64. Cough Drops and Lozenges For Those Fall and Winter Weddings.
65. A Pair Of Movie Tickets For Those Coming Into Town Early. Perfect For The Kids.
66. T-Shirts. "We're With The Bride" of "Here For The Wedding".
67. Magnets. Again They Could Be Themed Or Of Pittsburgh Nature.
68. Magnetic Letter Opener. Perfect For Sticking To The Refrigerator. Guaranteed To Get Lots Of Use.
69. Rubber Bottle Opener.
70. Wine Opener. Keep It Simple. Get One That's Small and Easy To Use.
71. Beer Bottle Opener. Maybe One That Fits On A Key Chain For Easy Reach.
72. Going To The Beach For The Wedding. Consider One Of Those Small Coin/Key Holders For The Beach. They Have a Strap On It So Your Items Don't Get Lost While You're On The Waterfront.
73. Miniature Photo Album and A Disposable Camera.
74. Umbrella Should Inclement Weather Approach Your Wedding Day.
75. Sunlight/Heat Deflector For The Car. Helps To Keep The Car Cool During The Ceremony or Anytime.
76. Having Your Wedding In December perhaps A Few Holiday Tree Ornaments.
77. A Few Boxes Of Cracker Jacks Complete With A Prize Inside.
78. A Personal DVD Complete With Photos Of You. If You Have Access To Your Guests Pictures Add A Few Of Them For Old Time Sake.
79. Lottery Tickets-Adults Only Please. Your Guests Just May Get Lucky and Win.
80. A Box Of Assorted Chocolates. Again Check Out Sarris Candy Store For A Selection Of Fine Chocolates. Maybe A Box Of Chocolate Covered Pretzels or Cherries.
81. Jars Of Hot Sauce. Get Creative and Replace The Label With Your Own. Remember To Add Your Photo.
82. Cornbread or Muffin Mix. Cupcake Mix. Don't Forget The Icing and Jimmies!
83. Small Bottles Of Chocolate Milk or Iced Tea.
84. Pepperoni Sticks.
85. An Assortment Of Artisan Breads For A Morning Snack.
86. A Container Of Baby Wipes For A Quick Wipe Up. Also Available At Target, WalMart or Discount Stores.
87. Graham Crackers, Marshmallows and A Few Chocolate Bars For S'Mores. Just Add A Microwave and Your Set.
88. A Few Bandaids and A Tube Of Antiseptic For Those With Accident Prone Kids.
89. A Few Bottles Of Bubbles For The Kids.
90. Any Kind Of Personalized Drink Cups.
91. Peanut Brittle Locally Made Of Course. Chex Mix, Candy Corn, Gummi Bears etc.
92. A Few Sticks Of Beef Jerky.
93. Hacky Sacks or Jacks Are A Great Gift Idea Too.
94. Baby or Talcum Powder.
95. Facial Tissues, Napkins.
97. Stickers For The Kids.
98. Any Guests Have a Dog Or Cat. How About Some Snacks For Them. Biscuits or Chew Toys.
99. A Personal Note Welcoming Them.
100. Thank You Cards and Stationery.
These are just a few of the possibilities. Let your creative juices flow. Be sure to make up an extra one or two just in case of last minute attendees. With this list and your imagination your wedding guest tote bags will be the talk of the night.